Trocaire offers a wide array of training and educational opportunities for individuals getting started in the workplace, furthering their current careers, or working to meet licensure/certification requirements. Take a look at some of our program types below and register by phone, 716-827-4310 or online:
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Massage Therapy Continuing Education
- Surgical Technologist Continuing Education Workshops
- Sterile Processing & Distribution Technician
- CPR/BLS for Healthcare Providers
- NYS Mandated Infection Control
- Nursing Specialties: (LPN refresher program, RN refresher program, perioperative, dialysis, emergency and trauma nursing, legal nursing consultant, pediatric nursing, critical care nursing, geriatric nursing)
- EKG Technician/Cardiac Monitor Technician (call 716-827-4310 for more information)
Personal Development & Educational Programming
Learn a new skill or further your passion with one of our personal development workshops. Throughout the year we offer fun, interactive sessions on a variety of topics.
Brewing, Distilling, and Fermentation Science Program
This 5 course program provides the knowledge and hands-on experience needed to enter into the ever expanding and exciting industry of brewing, microbrewing, and distilling. Courses run in the fall and spring semesters. A certificate of completion in Brewing, Distilling, and Fermentation Science from Trocaire College will be awarded to students who successfully complete all courses in the program.
Intro to Brewing
January 20 — May 5, 2018
This course is the first in the 5 course program and provides a foundation for students interested in pursuing the program. Topics include: historical aspects of the industries of brewing and distilling along with ingredients, equipment and process requirements involved in brewing and distilling. Classes are held at Trocaire’s Transit location in Williamsville.
Sensory Evaluation of Beer
January 24 — May 9, 2018
Students will develop sensory skills and learn terminology typically used in the alcohol beverage industry. The Blichmann TopTier Modular Brewing system and professional grade fermentation equipment will be utilized in the College’s brewing lab. Classes are held at Trocaire’s Transit location in Williamsville.
Science of Brewing and Distilling
January 22 — May 7, 2018
This course will include in-depth lessons on yeast and bacteria microbiology as well as water and beer chemistry. Students will learn to evaluate microbes on media and microscopically, optimize chemical composition of wort and beer, and control microbial activity in ‘clean’ and sour beers. Students will gain hands-on experience with aseptic technique, chemical analysis of beer bitterness, and – of course – brewing on a professional-grade brewing and fermentation system. No prior microbiology or chemistry education is necessary.
Mediterranean Party Dips — A Celebration in the Making
Saturday, January 27th
Learn to make your own Meze-style spread — small plates, dips, and salads meant to be shared as an appetizer course or light meal — a common spread throughout the Mediterranean and Middle East. Join our Chef as you learn the secrets of creating yummy sharing dishes like hummus, tabouleh, and baba ganooj to name a few. Delight guests at your next gathering with these easy to share and very tasty dishes.
Artisanal Breads and Dough
Saturday, February 24th, 1pm-4pm
For the love of bread! Join our Chef as you explore the art and beauty of bread-making from beautiful baguettes to savory Italian breads and specialty techniques. This course will teach you the proper mixing, kneading and professional bread baking techniques to make breads from around the world. Witness the art, the technique, and the passion of our chef as he shares time-honored traditions and secrets to the perfect loaf and celebrate l’arte del pane!
Hands-on, Fresh Pasta Creations
Saturday, March 10th, 1pm-4pm
Join us as our Chef showcases the true art of fresh pasta making, demonstrating how to make and shape some of your favorite fresh pastas. Guests will then get to try their hand at rolling out the dough and forming their own shapes. Class will be complete with menus, recipes and wine tasting notes to take home.
Forming Formaggio: The Art of Cheese Making
Saturday, April 21st, 1pm-4pm
Making cheese requires skill, care, and a little ‘curd’ courage, but some remain hesitant to try it at home. During this class, our Chef will show you that making cheese at home is simple and easy to do. Join us for this workshop as we show you how to prepare different fresh cheeses like mozzarella, ricotta, bocconcini and more from scratch and incorporate them into tasty recipes. Taste and enjoy the fruits of your labor too!
Trocaire offers employers customized, on-site or on-campus training programs in healthcare, customer service, leadership, management, and customer relations. Businesses interested in offering professional development training to their employees should contact the Office of Workforce Development at 716-827-4310 to arrange a consultation meeting.
Online Training Courses
Trocaire College partners with online providers that help students meet their educational goals on their own time and within their schedule. The instructor-facilitated online course offerings include a large number of options, with start dates that are ongoing.
- Ed2GO: You may take these affordable online courses in the comfort of your home or office at times that are convenient for you. Courses begin monthly, run for six weeks and are comprised of 12 lessons that are posted to the website weekly. The courses are entirely web-based with comprehensive lessons, quizzes and assignments. You may ask questions of your instructor and receive advice at any time during the course.
- ProTrain: Offering dozens of options in healthcare, accounting, information technology and green/renewable energy, these online training courses provide you with the workforce skills necessary for many in-demand occupations. Gain the knowledge you need to get a new job, brush up on your current skills or take something just for fun.
- PennFoster: Offering a breadth of viable, online academic alternatives that meet the training needs of business professionals and the region’s workforce population, these programs are on-demand and tailored around your schedule. All programs can be completed in as little as six months.
Students and working professionals looking to take the next step, whether it be college or in their current careers, can find numerous test preparation courses that will assist them in meeting their desired score, licensing or certification goals.
- Dietetic Technician Registry Exam Review Course
- NCLEX-PN Review Program (call 716-827-4310 for more information)
- Radiography Registry Seminar (call 716-827-4310 for more information)
- Surgical Technology Review Course (call 716-827-4310 for more information)
Office hours are:
Mondays & Thursdays: 8am-6pm
Tuesdays & Wednesdays: 8am-5pm
Fridays: 8am- 4pm