Trocaire offers a wide array of training and educational opportunities for individuals getting started in the workplace, furthering their current careers, or working to meet licensure/certification requirements. Take a look at some of our program types below and register by phone, 716-827-4310 or online:
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Massage Therapy Continuing Education
- Surgical Technologist Continuing Education Workshops
- Sterile Processing & Distribution Technician
- CPR/BLS for Healthcare Providers
- NYS Mandated Infection Control
- Nursing Specialties: (LPN refresher program, RN refresher program, perioperative, dialysis, emergency and trauma nursing, legal nursing consultant, pediatric nursing, critical care nursing, geriatric nursing)
- EKG Technician/Cardiac Monitor Technician (call 716-827-4310 for more information)
Personal Development & Educational Programming
Learn a new skill or further your passion with one of our personal development workshops. Throughout the year we offer fun, interactive sessions on a variety of topics.
Brewing, Distilling, and Fermentation Science Program
This 5 course program provides the knowledge and hands-on experience needed to enter into the ever expanding and exciting industry of brewing, microbrewing, and distilling. Courses run in the fall and spring semesters. A certificate of completion in Brewing, Distilling, and Fermentation Science from Trocaire College will be awarded to students who successfully complete all courses in the program.
Intro to Brewing
September 20 — December 13, 2017
This course is the first in the 5 course program and provides a foundation for students interested in pursuing the program. Topics include: historical aspects of the industries of brewing and distilling along with ingredients, equipment and process requirements involved in brewing and distilling. Classes are held at Trocaire’s Transit location in Williamsville. Course includes Beer and Cheese: A Perfect Pair Workshop on October 25th at no additional cost.
Sensory Evaluation of Beer
September 23 — December 16, 2017
Students will develop sensory skills and learn terminology typically used in the alcohol beverage industry. The Blichmann TopTier Modular Brewing system and professional grade fermentation equipment will be utilized in the College’s brewing lab. Classes are held at Trocaire’s Transit location in Williamsville.
Brewing Mini-Workshops this Fall
Brew Basics: A Homebrewers Introduction
October 7, 2017
Our Brew Basics class is hands-on and designed for the novice brewer. This is a great experience for those looking to develop a deeper understanding of beer, its ingredients, and the process by which it’s made. It is designed to provide students the confidence, knowledge, and experience needed to become proficient home brewers and cultivated beer drinkers.
Learn all the basics to get you up and running while brewing a batch of beer. Find out about extract brewing, malts, grains, yeasts and how to avoid or troubleshoot the most common problems. All reference materials will be provided as well as some seasonal brew for tasting. All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older. Register today, class size is limited in the brewing lab!
Beer & Cheese: A Perfect Pair
October 25 , 2017
Join our Beer Science Director along with the owner of Nickel City Cheese as you explore the beautiful romance between beer and cheese. Sample great seasonal brews along with a variety of tasty cheeses. Your palate will be delighted with yummy pairings, from delicate and fruity to bold and complex. Take home menus, cheese notes and beer tasting notes for your next party or gathering with friends. Become a beer and cheese connoisseur in one evening!
Class duration is approximate and may vary by 10-15 minutes. Please note, class includes demonstration and tasting and is not hands-on. All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older.
Trocaire offers employers customized, on-site or on-campus training programs in healthcare, customer service, leadership, management, and customer relations. Businesses interested in offering professional development training to their employees should contact the Office of Workforce Development at 716-827-4310 to arrange a consultation meeting.
Online Training Courses
Trocaire College partners with online providers that help students meet their educational goals on their own time and within their schedule. The instructor-facilitated online course offerings include a large number of options, with start dates that are ongoing.
- Ed2GO: You may take these affordable online courses in the comfort of your home or office at times that are convenient for you. Courses begin monthly, run for six weeks and are comprised of 12 lessons that are posted to the website weekly. The courses are entirely web-based with comprehensive lessons, quizzes and assignments. You may ask questions of your instructor and receive advice at any time during the course.
- ProTrain: Offering dozens of options in healthcare, accounting, information technology and green/renewable energy, these online training courses provide you with the workforce skills necessary for many in-demand occupations. Gain the knowledge you need to get a new job, brush up on your current skills or take something just for fun.
- PennFoster: Offering a breadth of viable, online academic alternatives that meet the training needs of business professionals and the region’s workforce population, these programs are on-demand and tailored around your schedule. All programs can be completed in as little as six months.
Students and working professionals looking to take the next step, whether it be college or in their current careers, can find numerous test preparation courses that will assist them in meeting their desired score, licensing or certification goals.
- Dietetic Technician Registry Exam Review Course
- NCLEX-PN Review Program (call 716-827-4310 for more information)
- Radiography Registry Seminar (call 716-827-4310 for more information)
- Surgical Technology Review Course (call 716-827-4310 for more information)
Office hours are:
Mondays & Thursdays: 8am-6pm
Tuesdays & Wednesdays: 8am-5pm
Fridays: 8am- 4pm