Trocaire offers a wide array of training and educational opportunities for individuals getting started in the workplace, furthering their current careers, or working to meet licensure/certification requirements. Take a look at some of our program types below and register by phone, 716-827-4310 or online:
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Massage Therapy Continuing Education
- Surgical Technologist Continuing Education Workshops
- Sterile Processing & Distribution Technician
- CPR/BLS for Healthcare Providers
- NYS Mandated Infection Control
- Nursing Specialties: (LPN refresher program, RN refresher program, perioperative, dialysis, emergency and trauma nursing, legal nursing consultant, pediatric nursing, critical care nursing, geriatric nursing)
- EKG Technician/Cardiac Monitor Technician (call 716-827-4310 for more information)
Personal Development & Educational Programming
Learn a new skill or further your passion with one of our personal development workshops. Throughout the year we offer fun, interactive sessions on a variety of topics.
Brewing, Distilling, and Fermentation Science Program
This 5 course program provides the knowledge and hands-on experience needed to enter into the ever expanding and exciting industry of brewing, microbrewing, and distilling. Courses run in the fall and spring semesters. A certificate of completion in Brewing, Distilling, and Fermentation Science from Trocaire College will be awarded to students who successfully complete all courses in the program.
Intro to Brewing
September 20 — December 13, 2017
This course is the first in the 5 course program and provides a foundation for students interested in pursuing the program. Topics include: historical aspects of the industries of brewing and distilling along with ingredients, equipment and process requirements involved in brewing and distilling. Classes are held at Trocaire’s Transit location in Williamsville. Course includes Beer and Cheese: A Perfect Pair Workshop on October 25th at no additional cost.
Sensory Evaluation of Beer
September 23 — December 16, 2017
Students will develop sensory skills and learn terminology typically used in the alcohol beverage industry. The Blichmann TopTier Modular Brewing system and professional grade fermentation equipment will be utilized in the College’s brewing lab. Classes are held at Trocaire’s Transit location in Williamsville.
Mini-Workshops this Fall
Friendsgiving: Cooking With And For Friends
November 16, 2017
Bring more than just a bottle of wine to your Friendsgiving festivities this holiday season. Our Friendsgiving class will teach you how to make fall favorites you’ll be proud to share at your next holiday gathering. Learn a thing or two about menu planning, creating scrumptious side dishes, concocting the perfect batch cocktail, and expert tips on tackling The Bird, ‘culinarily’ speaking.
Cost includes tasting what you make and enjoying festive cocktails and brew while you learn. All guests planning to consume alcohol must be able to produce valid government-issued identification to prove they are 21 or older. Class to be held at Trocaire’s Williamsville location behind Russell’s Steaks, Chops, and More.
Holiday Cookie Baking with Mommy/Daddy/Grandparent and Me
December 2, 2017
Cost $35 Single; $45 for a pair (child and parent/grandparent)
Create lasting –and yummy — memories with your family this holiday season with our festive cookie class. In this fun, hands-on class, students will be introduced to a number of dough types and the methods behind making them, including cutting in and creaming butter. You?ll learn to shape rolled, dropped, molded and log cookies; how to cut dough and to compose an attractive presentation. You’ll learn to bake some of the classics and, best of all, you get to take home what you make! Children must be 8 years of age or older to participate.
Trocaire offers employers customized, on-site or on-campus training programs in healthcare, customer service, leadership, management, and customer relations. Businesses interested in offering professional development training to their employees should contact the Office of Workforce Development at 716-827-4310 to arrange a consultation meeting.
Online Training Courses
Trocaire College partners with online providers that help students meet their educational goals on their own time and within their schedule. The instructor-facilitated online course offerings include a large number of options, with start dates that are ongoing.
- Ed2GO: You may take these affordable online courses in the comfort of your home or office at times that are convenient for you. Courses begin monthly, run for six weeks and are comprised of 12 lessons that are posted to the website weekly. The courses are entirely web-based with comprehensive lessons, quizzes and assignments. You may ask questions of your instructor and receive advice at any time during the course.
- ProTrain: Offering dozens of options in healthcare, accounting, information technology and green/renewable energy, these online training courses provide you with the workforce skills necessary for many in-demand occupations. Gain the knowledge you need to get a new job, brush up on your current skills or take something just for fun.
- PennFoster: Offering a breadth of viable, online academic alternatives that meet the training needs of business professionals and the region’s workforce population, these programs are on-demand and tailored around your schedule. All programs can be completed in as little as six months.
Students and working professionals looking to take the next step, whether it be college or in their current careers, can find numerous test preparation courses that will assist them in meeting their desired score, licensing or certification goals.
- Dietetic Technician Registry Exam Review Course
- NCLEX-PN Review Program (call 716-827-4310 for more information)
- Radiography Registry Seminar (call 716-827-4310 for more information)
- Surgical Technology Review Course (call 716-827-4310 for more information)
Office hours are:
Mondays & Thursdays: 8am-6pm
Tuesdays & Wednesdays: 8am-5pm
Fridays: 8am- 4pm