Employment at Trocaire
Important information about the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
The Families First Coronavirus Response Act is legislation from the Federal Government effective April 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
The FFCRA provides paid sick leave to an employee if he/she is unable to work or telework under the following conditions:
- Subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19
- Been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19
- Experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and seeking a medical diagnosis
- Caring for an individual subject to an order described in 1 or 2 above
- Caring for his/her child whose school or place of care is closed due to COVID-19 related reasons or
- Is experiencing any other substantially similar condition specified by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Please see the following link: Employee Rights: Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave under The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA). Contact Human Resources for information and assistance on FFCRA and Emergency Paid Sick Leave legislation under the State of New York.
Your Career at Trocaire College
Trocaire College Compensation Philosophy:
- Trocaire College is committed to providing a fair and competitive total compensation program, supportive of the values of the Sisters of Mercy, and in line with our strategic plan
- A value proposition that will attract & engage critical employee talent and reward high-performing employees at all levels. The College also strives to offer a rewards system that draws on Trocaire’s unique culture & brand values and incorporates both monetary and recognition-based incentives
- Incorporating a true long-term view of compensation, realizing that internal factors (business strategy and culture) may be as much or more important than external factors
- Align Total Rewards with Trocaire’s strategic plan and business objectives
- Engineer retirement program to maximize retirement savings for our employees
- Be attentive to both the current and evolving needs of future leaders/high-potential employees as they advance within the organization
- Provide incentives tied to attainment of individual results that contribute to achievement of Trocaire’s organizational goals
- Use compensation elements that are engineered to efficiently unlock long-term value creation
- Review pay grades on an annual basis and age the salary range as determined by market movement
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. We are committed to a diverse workforce. We value all employees’ talents and support an environment that is inclusive and respectful. We are strongly committed to this policy, and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
We are committed to recruiting, hiring, retaining and promoting all employees on an equal basis. Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity. No employee shall be discriminated against based on any characteristic protected by law. All personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, training, and participation in other work related programs are administered without regard to any characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
We believe in and practice equal opportunity. The Chief Human Resources Officer serves as our Equal Opportunity Coordinator and has overall responsibility for assuring compliance with this policy. All employees are responsible for supporting the concept of equal opportunity and diversity and assisting our College in meeting its objectives.
Trocaire College is Hiring Clinical Instructors!
Clinical Instructors play a vital role in the education of our students. The goal of clinical education experiences at Trocaire College is to provide nursing students with multiple applied opportunities for demonstrating and integrating safe and professional knowledge, skills, and attitudes while engaged with a variety of patients and health care professionals. These learning experiences occur under the supervision and mentorship of clinical faculty.
Join the Trocaire community as a Clinical Instructor and help make a difference in students’ lives! This part-time position allows you to develop and invest in future nurses and pays $50.00 per hour for MSN Clinical Instructors.
Know someone who may be interested in this job opportunity or want to learn more yourself? Fill out the form below to gain more information.
"*" indicates required fields
Trocaire College is a Proud Honoree of The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “2018 Great Colleges to Work For“
Recognized in the following categories:
Professional/Career Development Programs, Respect & Appreciation, Supervisor/Department Chair Relationship and Work/Life Balance
Named a “Breastfeeding Friendly Worksite” by the Erie County Department of Health
Trocaire is truly a “Great College to Work For”… Come Join Us!
Western New York and the Buffalo Niagara region is an awesome place to live, work and play. You might not know much about the area, except for tales of cold winters and delicious chicken wings, but this place offers so much more for the hundreds of thousands of millennials, adults and families who live, work and play here… in all four glorious seasons, surrounded by beautiful waterways (including a waterfall!), hills and mountains for skiing, thousands of recreational spots, shopping, food and restaurants (craft breweries anyone?), amazing music venues, sporting events and so much more.
Learn More about Working at Trocaire College
Faculty Support and Development: Mary Clare Development Center
The mission of the Mary Clare Development Center is to support all faculty, promote excellence in teaching, and promote professional development opportunities. The Mary Clare Development Center offers a range of programs to enhance teaching and learning based on pedagogical theory and rich in creativity. The Mary Clare Development Center is a dedicated area that fosters interdisciplinary discussion where faculty can deliberately plan and assess. The Mary Clare Development Center provides training for new technological strategies used in the classroom, in online learning, and in distance learning.