The next step of your journey begins.
Your successful path starts with our New Student online orientation, which will provide the information you need to ease your transition to college life. We’ll cover the basics, such as health records, academic advisement, college policies and financial assistance.
This orientation is a requirement for all new Trocaire College students, but consider it an opportunity to get off to a strong start and ensure your success at our school.
Orientation for First-Time College Students
All first-time college students who have not formally attended a college or university are required to attend the in-person Orientation on Thursday, January 19, 2022 from 3:00 -5:00 p.m. on Choate Campus. During this orientation, students will connect with current students and employees to help them as they transition into our Trocaire community. There will be break out sessions for students in the areas of financial aid, technology, and student involvement. Campus tours will also be available for students to walk their schedules! Students can also connect with a variety of student service offices and resources in the Club and Resource Fair.
Follow this link to RSVP for the Orientation for First-Time College Students: https://forms.microsoft.com/r/ELKGKBQh1m
*** Please note that incoming first-time students need to have completed their Online Orientation prior to attending the in-person orientation ***
- Do the pre-registration New Student Orientation on Moodle
- Students must use Google Chrome when accessing Moodle to complete the mandatory New Student Orientation. Safari, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer are not compatible web browsers. This orientation must be completed prior to the students meeting with their advisor to register for classes.
- Students will receive an email from the Orientation Coordinator with their enrollment key within a week of acceptance.
- Students who complete the New Student Orientation must obtain their certificate of completion.
- Your first-time login credentials were included on the second page of your acceptance letter. If you need assistance logging in and changing your passwords, contact the IT HelpDesk at 716.827.4330.
- Visit Changing your Webmail Password for help resetting your Webmail password. You will receive a reminder to reset your webmail password during the semester.
- Visit Changing your eStudent Password for help resetting your eStudent visit password.
- Your E-Student and Moodle passwords are the same password. It takes approximately 15 minutes for your password to update after you change it.
*If you have difficulties or questions with this, please email the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 716-827-4330.
- Activate your General Requirements Tracker by visiting mycb.castlebranch.com and entering the package code provided to you by the Admissions or the Wellness Center.
- If you are in a health professions program, you will receive an additional package code specific to the program in which you are enrolled.
- If you have further questions regarding health records, contact the Wellness Center at WellnessCenter@trocaire.edu.
- You can call 716.827.2577 or email email@example.com to schedule your appointment after you complete the mandatory online New Student Orientation.
- Your health records must be submitted prior to making your registration appointment.
Take a moment to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®). This helps determine your aid eligibility for the academic semester. Students must complete this each year.
Trocaire’s federal code is 002812.
Here is the direct link to complete your FAFSA: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- Register for the New Student Social through the link sent to you from the Director of Student Engagement. The New Student Social is an hour and a half event where you can connect with the Trocaire College community, walk around campus to find your classrooms, and interact with those in your classes. It is open to all first-time and transfer students to attend.
- First-Time College Students at Trocaire College must attend the mandatory in-person, and/or virtual New Student Orientation hosted in August for new fall semester students and January for new spring semester students. These students will receive a link to register for the in-person, and/or virtual orientation in their emails.
More details are forthcoming!
Complete the online New Student Orientation
Below is a checklist of important things that you need to have completed before you are able to register for your upcoming semester classes.
New Student Orientation for IncomingCollege Students – Spring 2023 Semester
All incoming students entering Trocaire College in the spring 2023 semester are required to attend the New Student Orientation for First-Time College students. The event will be held on Choate campus for students to participate in. This is a mandatory event for incoming students to attend. Failure to attend will result in a hold being placed on the student’s account and students attending a make-up orientation as scheduled by the Orientation Team.
- Incoming Student Orientation: Thursday, January 19, 2023 from 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Please direct any questions to Lauren Reczek, Orientation Coordinator, at ReczekL@trocaire.edu or call 716-827-2487 and leave a detailed voicemail.
Will there be a chance to have an orientation on campus? Yes, there is a New Student Social held once per semester. The social is held on the Choate Campus and is open to all new Trocaire College students. There will be a mandatory First-Time College Student Orientation hosted prior to the semester.
Do I need to complete the online New Student Orientation? Yes, before a new student can register they have to complete the online orientation.
How long does the online New Student Orientation take? Approximately 25-30 minutes.
Can I re-watch the orientation videos after I’m a student? Yes! You can access any of the videos through your Moodle account by using Panopto.
How do I get my identification card? Your picture for your photo ID card can be taken at least 24 hours after your registration appointment at the front security desk at the main campus. You will need your Student Number – found on your E-Student Portal to obtain your ID.
What do I need my identification card for? This card is needed for borrowing books from the college library, printing on campus, identification on clinical sites, and admission to college-sponsored functions.
For more information about Orientation please contact:
Director of Student Engagement