The next step of your journey begins.
Your successful path starts with our New Student online orientation, which will provide the information you need to ease your transition to college life. We’ll cover the basics, such as health records, academic advisement, college policies and financial assistance.
This orientation is a requirement for all new Trocaire College students, but consider it an opportunity to get off to a strong start and ensure your success at our school.
Complete the online New Student Orientation
Below is a checklist of important things that you need to have completed before you are able to register for your upcoming semester classes.
1. Log in to both IT Systems: Webmail and E-Student, and change your passwords.
- Your first-time login credentials were included on the second page of your acceptance letter. If you need assistance logging in and changing your passwords, contact the IT HelpDesk at 716.827.4330.
- Visit Changing your Webmail Password for help resetting your Webmail password.
- Visit Changing your eStudent Password for help resetting your eStudent visit password.
- Your E-Student and Moodle passwords are the same password. It takes approximately 15 minutes for your password to update after you change it.
*If you have difficulties or questions with this, please email the Help Desk at [email protected]
2. Log in to Moodle and complete the New Student Orientation.
- Do directly to the New Student Orientation.
- Students must use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Moodle to complete the mandatory New Student Orientation. Safari, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer are not compatible web browsers. This orientation must be completed prior to the students meeting with their advisor to register for classes.
- Students who complete the New Student Orientation must obtain their certificate of completion.
3. Schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor to register for your classes.
- You can call 716.827.2577 or email [email protected] to schedule your appointment after you complete the mandatory online New Student Orientation.
4. Register for the New Student Social
- Register for the New Student Social through the link sent to you from the Director of Student Engagement. The New Student Social is an hour and a half event where you can connect with the Trocaire College community, walk around campus to find your classrooms, and interact with those in your classes. It is open to all first-time and transfer students to attend.
- First-Time College students at Trocaire College must attend the mandatory in-person New Student Orientation hosted in August for new fall semester students. These students will receive a link to register for the in-person orientation in their emails.
Will there be a chance to have an orientation on campus? Yes, there is a New Student Social held once per semester. The social is held on the Choate Campus and is open to all new Trocaire College students.
Do I need to complete the online New Student Orientation? Yes, before a new student can register they have to complete the online orientation.
How long does the online New Student Orientation take? Approximately 30 minutes.
Can I re-watch the orientation videos after I’m a student? Yes! You can access any of the videos through your Moodle account by using Panopto.
How do I get my identification card? Your picture for your photo ID card can be taken at least 24 hours after your registration appointment at the front security desk at the main campus.
What do I need my identification card for? This card is needed for borrowing books from the college library, printing on campus, identification on clinical sites, and admission to college-sponsored functions.
For more information about Orientation please contact:
Director of Student Engagement