LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
The Trocaire College Leadership Certificate Program is open to students who wish to enhance their leadership abilities and strengthen their career opportunities. Topics covered by the certificate program reflect the leadership domains created by The Council for the Advancement of Standards (CAS) and the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). Students may attend any of the sessions even if not participating in the certificate program.
The Leadership Certificate Program is intended help students become change agents by identifying their strengths and leadership style while preparing students for leadership roles and responsibilities not only on campus, but also in life-long career and community.
The Leadership Certificate Program consists of five one-hour workshops, a daylong conference, and evidence of a leadership role in a student’s community. Workshops vary in days and times to allow students to choose a workshop that fits their schedule. Students will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program.
How to Earn the Leadership Certificate:
Step 1: Complete an application
Complete an application online by submitting the registration form below.
Step 2: Attend leadership development workshops
These mandatory workshops vary in days and times in order to allow students to choose a workshop that fits their schedule.
Current Spring Semester Workshops include:
Leadership 101: An Introduction to Leadership
- Monday, February 10 at 11 am – Room 260
- Thursday, February 20 at 11 am – Room 260
- Friday, February 21 at 12 pm – Room 260
Your Leadership Style: Leadership Assessment & Development
- Monday, February 24 at 11 am – Room 260
- Thursday, February 27 at 3 pm – Room 260
- Monday, March 2 at 11 am – Room 260
Habits of Highly Effective College Students
- Thursday, March 5 at 3 pm – Room 260
- Monday, March 9 at 11 am – Room 260
- Thursday, March 12 at 11 am – Room TBD
Communication & Conflict Resolution
- Thursday, March 26 at 11 am & 3 pm – Room 260
- Monday, March 30 at 11 am – Room 260
- Thursday, April 2 at 11 am – Room 260
Leadership in the Workplace (Team Dynamics and Understanding Your Team)
- Monday, April 6 at 11 am – Room 260
- Monday, April 13 at 11 am – Room 260
- Thursday, April 16 at 11am – Room 260
Step 3: Attend the WNY Student Leadership Conference
The annual conference will be announced in the fall semester. Registration information to follow. Reimbursement for $20* registration fee will be given after you attend the conference. After the conference, attendees must submit a one page reflection on what they learned at the conference and how they will apply the knowledge.
Step 4: Submit evidence of a leadership role in the community
Whether you are involved in a campus club or a community organization, submit evidence of leadership in your community as the final step of the program.
- Leadership related certification
- Completion of a leadership program
- Letter of reference from supervisor/more senior staff member
- Proof of leadership position in organization
- Participants will learn established and evolving theoretical, conceptual, and philosophical frameworks of leadership
- Participants will understand the distinction between management and leadership
- Participants will develop and awareness and understanding of various leadership styles and approaches
- Participants will develop their personal leadership philosophy and style
Evidence of Competency:
The following items can be included in your portfolio once you have completed the program
- Personality Assessment
- Leadership Assessment
- Post certificate evaluation
- Reflection of WNY Student Leadership Conference
- Personal qualification statement
- Certificate of Completion
If you have questions, please email Lauren Reczek, Interim Director of Student Engagement, ReczekL@trocaire.edu