Trocaire Opportunity Program | TOP | HEOP
The primary objective of The Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP), or Trocaire Opportunity Program (TOP), is to help provide a broad range of services to promising, underprivileged students seeking a college degree. TOP is sponsored jointly by the State Education Department and Trocaire College.
The eligible TOP student receives a full-need financial aid package including TAP and PELL. Additional grants and stipends are available to all TOP students. Necessary support services are provided to the TOP student to successfully complete an Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
- High school diploma or state-approved equivalency diploma
- Resident of New York State for at least one year prior to enrollment
- First-time college student. Age is not a factor
- Meet BOTH academic and economic guidelines as defined in the following sections
- Applicants should demonstrate academic potential and motivation for success at the collegiate level
- Consideration for acceptance will be based on your complete academic profile including high school grades and academic history that would indicate inadmissibility under Trocaire’s regular admissions standards
- To be considered, the applicant must meet the economic criteria established by the New York State Education Department
- All income must be verified by appropriate documentation
Please call the TOP Office/Trocaire College at 716.827.2440 or 716.827.2562.
TOP Application Process:
- Step 1: Complete the Trocaire College Application for Admission
- Step 2: Complete the TOP Application form
- Step 3: Fill your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at FAFSA website
"*" indicates required fields