GED – Official Request Form
Applicants who met the College high school equivalency requirement with an earned GED or HSED are required to provide the College with an Official GED or Official Duplicate GED.
Simply follow these instructions which are also posted on the NYS Education Department website.
- Complete the Duplicate Request HSE Diplomas and/or Transcripts form located here.
- Purchase a $4 certified check or money order from a local grocery store such as Tops, 7-Eleven or the Post Office.
- Attach the certified check or money order payable to NYSED to the application. Please do not send cash, personal checks or international money orders. All fees are non-refundable.
- For international document requests, a pre-paid, self-addressed return envelope, that is at least 9 inches by 6 inches, must be included with this form.
- Send the completed Duplicate Request form and $4 bank money order to:
THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
89 Washington Ave, EBA 460
Albany, New York 12234
If the Duplicate Request form is incomplete (e.g. no candidate signature, etc.) or there is no payment, all paperwork will be returned to the candidate for revision and resubmission.
Please allow 8 – 10 weeks for processing