The primary objective of The Arthur O. Eve Higher Education Opportunity Program (HEOP), or Trocaire Opportunity Program (TOP), is to help provide a broad range of services to promising, underprivileged students a college degree. TOP is sponsored jointly by the State Education Department and Trocaire College.
The eligible TOP student receives a full-need financial aid package including TAP and PELL. Additional grants and stipends are available to all TOP students. Necessary support services are provided to the TOP student to successfully complete an Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
Eligibility is based on the following criteria:
- Lower high school graduating average or GED score
- NYS resident and U.S. citizen
- First-time college student
- Interest and desire in obtaining an associate or bachelor’s degree
- Economically disadvantaged
- Age is not a factor; no one is too old to be eligible
Eligible TOP students begin their college education during a five-week pre-freshman Summer Success semester. This mandatory semester consists of preparatory classes, workshops, and academic support. If you feel you are eligible for TOP, please call the TOP Office/Trocaire College at 716.827.2425 or 716.827.2562.
TOP Application Process
- Step 1: Complete the Trocaire College Application for Admission
- Step 2: Complete the Trocaire College TOP Application (click on the Application Button below to access the application)
- Step 3: Fill your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at fafsa.org