Trocaire College was one of the first colleges in Western New York to provide tuition assistance to our returning Iraqi and Afghanistan veterans in appreciation for their service to our country. We are proud to have all our veterans and military dependents as students here at Trocaire College and we look forward to serving each of them as they continue their academic and professional goals.
Thanks to the support of federal, state and Trocaire College’s financial aid programs, most veterans and their dependents can attend Trocaire with little or no financial obligation. There are a variety of financial assistance programs available to reservists, veterans and their dependents all based on an individual’s personal military service record. Our hard working staff will go above and beyond to help military families that have served and sacrificed for our country.
Determining Eligibility and Applying for VA Educational Benefits
- Use the VA’s Road Map to Success to determine which benefit is right for you. A comprehensive benefit comparison chart can be found here. If you believe you qualify for chapter 33 Post 9/11 benefits use the VA’s Benefit Calculator in conjunction with the Road Map to Success and benefit comparison chart to give you a rough idea of what your payments will be.
- Collect all necessary documents and information, such as the dates and service status for each period of military service, your DD214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty for most recent period of active duty, and any post-secondary education transcripts.
- Apply for benefits online or through the mail.
- Use VONAPP(Veterans On-Line Application) to create and submit your application.
- Paper Applications: Chapter 31 applicants use Form 28-1900. Chapter 35 applicants use Form 22-5490. All other applicants use Form 22-1990.
VA Regional Processing Office
P.O. Box 4616
Buffalo, NY 14240-4616
- Chapter 30 (Active Duty)
- Chapter 33 (Post 9/11)
- Chapter 35 (DEA)
- Chapter 1606 (Reserve/Guard)
- Chapter 1607 (REAP)
Trocaire College Veterans Services
Tom Vane, Director of Student Engagement
Room 137 Main Campus
360 Choate Ave
Buffalo, NY 14220-2094