Trocaire College was one of the first colleges in Western New York to provide tuition assistance to our returning Iraqi and Afghanistan veterans in appreciation for their service to our country. We are proud to have all our veterans and military dependents as students here at Trocaire College and we look forward to serving each of them as they continue their academic and professional goals.
Thanks to the support of federal, state and Trocaire College’s financial aid programs, most veterans and their dependents can attend Trocaire with little or no financial obligation. There are a variety of financial assistance programs available to reservists, veterans and their dependents all based on an individual’s personal military service record. Our hard working staff will go above and beyond to help military families that have served and sacrificed for our country.
Determining Eligibility and Applying for VA Educational Benefits
- A comprehensive benefit comparison chart can be found here. If you believe you qualify for any Veteran benefits, please use the VA’s benefit comparison tool to give you a rough idea of what your payments will be.
- Collect all necessary documents and information, such as the dates and service status for each period of military service, your DD214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty for most recent period of active duty, and any post-secondary education transcripts.
- Apply for benefits online or through the mail.
- Use VONAPP(Veterans On-Line Application) to review the necessary paperwork to file either online or download a copy of the paper applications.
- Paper Applications: Chapter 31 applicants use Form 28-1900. Chapter 35 applicants use Form 22-5490. All other applicants use Form 22-1990.
VA Regional Processing Office
P.O. Box 4616
Buffalo, NY 14240-4616
- Chapter 30 (Active Duty)
- Chapter 33 (Post 9/11)
- Chapter 35 (DEA)
- Chapter 1606 (Reserve/Guard)
- Chapter 1607 (REAP)
College Financing Plan Information
Trocaire College is committed to providing our students with clear information regarding
- its costs, both direct and indirect
- the types of financial aid available (both grant and loan)
- other resources to help pay for any tuition costs
The Financial Aid office will send any incoming veteran a letter known as a Shopping Sheet which includes the above information customized for each individual veteran along with any other relevant information.
|Director of Financial Aid||716.827.2567
|Patrick Swan||Financial Aid Advisor
Financial Aid Advisor
Financial Aid Advisor