C3 Committee to Host Panel on Social Justice, Racism on March 28
The realities of racism are felt daily, implicitly and explicitly, by people of color of many backgrounds. We all have a role to play as our community and country at large works to address racial inequality and white supremacy, and on Thursday, March 28 from 2-4 p.m. in Room 30, the Cultural Competency Certificate (C3) Committee will be hosting a Panel on Racial Justice. Panelists will include:
- Karen Clinton Jones, Ph.D., Chief Diversity Officer/ Title IX Coordinator at Buffalo State College
- Wookoo Kim, MSW, Ph.D., Associate Professor at the SUNY at Buffalo School of Social Work
- Michael Martin, Executive Director of Native American Community Services
- Casimiro Rodriguez Sr., President of the Hispanic Heritage Council of WNY Inc.
- Thomas Vane, MS, Director of Student Engagement at Trocaire College
Click here for full bios on all the panelists.
“With a focus on power, privilege, and oppression, panelists will discuss efforts to build a more just culture on our campus, in our communities, and as a nation,” explained Director of Student Engagement Thomas Vane. “An anonymous Q&A session, facilitated by technology, will follow the discussion to continue the dialogue.”
This workshop, as part of the C3 program, will be livestreamed through Zoom. To receive the link to the livestream, please email Tom Vane.
*Reminder: this panel is open to the entire Trocaire community. You do not have to be registered in the C3 program to attend.