Trocaire College offers a wide array of student activities focused on social, cultural, academic, and leadership development. These are great opportunities to be involved in the campus community and to prepare for a successful career. Some events include:
- Welcome Week
- Family Day
- Cultural Heritage Celebrations (ie. Coming Out Day, Latinx Heritage Month, Black History Month)
- International Food Fest*
- Winter Welcome
- Stress Less Week
To stay up to date with everything happening on campus:
- Read the weekly newsletter sent by the Director of Student Engagement, “This Week at Trocaire”
- Join the Trocaire College Student Life Facebook group
- Follow Trocaire College Student Life (@TrocaireStudentLife) on Instagram
- Read the Stall Street Journal at your next restroom stop on campus
- Keep an eye out for the digital screens around campus
- Visit Trocaire’s web calendar
Learn more ways about how to get involved as a student through joining a club, organization, or committee!
May marks Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month. This April we celebrate the influential Asian Americans in our lives who have made a difference. Join us for opportunities and activities to learn more about Asian American heritage, culture, traditions, and more throughout the month.
Asian Americans are highly diverse, including dozens of ethnicities and languages; including individuals from Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, Laotian, Philippine, Thai, and Vietnamese ancestry.
Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month Trivia
Get to know more about Asian American & Pacific Islander heritage and culture while learning fun facts and information you may not have known. Each week, new questions will be posted. Each correct answer counts toward a raffle for a basket of items from local Asian-American -owned businesses! The winner will be selected at the end of the month.
Click HERE to participate in the Trivia.
Gallery of Influential Asian American Individuals
Our Gallery of Influential Asian Americans has gone virtual. Get to know more about the influential Arab Americans within our community and beyond. The virtual gallery launches on Friday, May 7.
Last Call for Trocaire Bears
Surprise! We have around 30 more Trocaire Bears available for students. If you have not yet already signed up for your bear, this is your last chance before the semester ends. If you signed up for your bear and have not picked yours up, we encourage you to come by campus to pick yours up before the last day of classes! An email confirmation will be sent to your Trocaire.edu email.
With moving to distance learning, here are some tips and ideas to help keep you socially engaged and connected while maintaining physical distancing.
Staying connected to your friends, classmates, and loved ones is made accessible through technology!
All Trocaire students may access Zoom for free. Be sure to use your trocaire.edu email when signing in/registering your account. This is a great way to “meet up” with your friends, classmates, and student organization members. You can access Zoom from Trocaire’s Zoom page. Check out the “Getting Started with Zoom Web Conferencing” for assistance.
Student Life Social Media
The Trocaire College Wellness Center and Wellness Committee are keeping us connected VIRTUALLY!
Information for New & Continuing Students
For New Students
Welcome to Trocaire College!
Student Life is excited to be part of your Trocaire College experience. Our office is here to connect you with other classmates and resources.
Here are some tips from our Student Life Team:
- Stop by Choate Campus for a FREE Welcome Bag! In the Welcome Bag, you will receive a Trocaire College academic planner, hand sanitizer, Trocaire branded mask, and resources on campus services.
- Get your Student ID card and printer sticker. You will need your Student ID card during your time at Trocaire. You can use it in the Library to take out books and use the printer sticker to print out course materials. Student ID cards will be available in the Commons from January 19 through February 3. After February 3 they will be back at the Security Desk. Printer stickers are issued in the Trocaire College library – located on the 4th floor of Choate Campus.
- The library does have textbooks on reserve that you can use in the library to study and make copies of.
- There are computers on Choate campus, Trocaire Achievement Complex (Transit), and Seneca campus that you can use. Printers are also available in these areas.
- Check your Trocaire.edu emails daily. Email is also known as webmail. Email is the primary form of communication at Trocaire College. Do not miss out on updates and important information from your instructors or other campus offices. Student Life sends out a weekly email with updates on what’s happening around campus and virtually!
- Tutoring is available – use it! Utilize the Palisano Learning Center (PLC) for their tutoring and academic coaching assistance. It is okay to ask for help – we know that online learning and navigating your courses during this pandemic is not easy. Create an account today on Trocaire.MyWCOnline.com with your Trocaire email to make tutoring appointments.
- More information on Tutoring is available on your Moodle homepage.
- Meet Other New Students. We know forming a study group is a great way to build connections among your classmates. We also have Student Clubs and Organizations available at Trocaire for you to join and connect with other students from different programs! Keep an eye out for programming for New Students as the semester rolls out.
For Continuing Students
Welcome Back, Trocairians!
If you are on-campus for courses, remember to always wear a mask and practice proper social distancing. This means wearing a mask even when within 6 ft of an individual.
- Need a new planner? Student Life has you covered. Stop by the Welcome Table during Welcome Week or email Lauren Reczek, our Director of Student Engagement at [email protected] for a time to pick up a planner.
- Interested in joining a club or organization? Check out the Student Club and Organizations page. Want to start a club? Email Lauren Reczek with your interest.
- Update your email password. Continue to check your Trocaire.edu emails daily for updates.
Mercy In Action: Student Spotlight
Student Life is excited to feature our students who embody the Mercy mission, values, and critical concerns in their work – both in the classroom and in the community.
Meet Our Current Mercy In Action Student Spotlight
Trinetta Alston, LPN
Mercy In Action Student Spotlight Nominations
Nominate yourself or a fellow student to be featured as our Mercy In Action for the month!
Cultural competency certificate (C3) program
Our Cultural Competency Certificate (C3) Program launches this February with exciting programming for all members of our campus community to participate in. Any interested member of our Trocaire College community who would like to participate in the program may register on the Diversity & Inclusion webpage.
The Student Life office will be hosting monthly programming that will count toward the C3 requirements!
Keep an eye on your Trocaire College email for updates in the This Week at Trocaire for upcoming events and opportunities.
LEADERSHIP CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
Enhance your leadership skills with our Leadership Certificate Program. This program is available to current Trocaire College students and takes two semesters to complete. Students will complete and reflect on a series of five modules, participate in leadership opportunities, and facilitate their own leadership capstone project! Interested students may sign up for this free certificate program on the Leadership webpage.