Fall 2021 Resources
For Fall 2021, Trocaire College is requiring that all students, employees, on-site vendors and visitors be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start of classes on Aug. 30.
The college’s status as a major educator of healthcare professionals in the Buffalo-Niagara region means it is our duty to prioritize the health, safety and well-being of our students, employees, and the community at large. Requiring a COVID-19 vaccine—which has been proven safe and highly effective—is the best way to ensure that we have a safe educational environment for all. Accommodations will be made for medical or religious reasons consistent with applicable federal and state law. Read the full announcement here.
- All employees, all students and all on-premise vendors (ABM, Advance2000, Barnes and Noble, Security, Shuttle) must be vaccinated (have had their second dose of a two-dose vaccine, or have had their single dose of a single-dose vaccine) prior to Monday, Aug. 30, or have been approved for an accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
- Individuals with approved accommodation for COVID-19 must complete a daily screener at the building lobby, wear a mask, and maintain 6 feet of social distance.
- Human Resources (for employees) and Wellness Center (for students) will provide information to the supervisor / academic program director related to those for whom accommodations are being made.
- Questions related to individuals with approved accommodation should be directed to Human Resources (for employees) and the academic program director/Wellness Center (for students).
- All visitors must have been vaccinated if they want to enter our buildings. Other than those described above, all visitors must present evidence of vaccination to Security before moving beyond the building lobby. Those without evidence of vaccination will no be allowed to enter.
- Acceptable proof will include a valid CDC vaccination card, an NYS-issued Excelsior pass or other reasonable official document.
- For Departments interested in inviting groups of individuals into the building:
- For individuals or groups of <=10 individuals: the department should provide notice to Mike Cucinotta that they expect visitors and he will provide Security with the information. Those in the group will be asked to provide evidence of vaccination status to Security before they will be allowed to leave the building lobby.
- For groups > 10 individuals: the department ‘owner’ of the event should establish vaccination status of guests prior to the event. The names of the expected guests should be provided to Security prior to the start of the event. A representative of the department will situate themselves at the building front entrance and check the name of each guest as they arrive. Those not on the list must provide evidence of vaccination or will not be allowed to enter the building. Departments needing additional assistance should reach out to Mike Cucinotta for consideration of extra Security.
Symptoms and Daily Screening:
- All employees, students and on-premise vendors are responsible to follow mandatory Erie County Department of Health COVID-19 requirements.
- Diagnosed with COVID-19: Individuals, even if vaccinated, known to have COVID-19 should not enter campus buildings nor report to college-sponsored activities and should follow the prescribed 10-day quarantine period.
- Symptoms of COVID-19: Those having symptoms of COVID-19, even if vaccinated, should not enter campus buildings nor report to college-sponsored activities and should contact their immediate supervisor (if a student, their academic program director) for further instruction.
- In either instance (Diagnosed with COVID, Symptoms of COVID): the information should be supplied to Dr. Richard Linn, Site Safety Monitor.
- Such individuals will be required to follow Department of Health guidance on quarantine.
- Those with symptoms will be instructed to obtain medical advice and, if they desire to be cleared from quarantine, may obtain a RT-PCR type COVID-19 test. Results of the test should be provided to Dr. Linn, who will assist with clearance to return to campus. They may not return to campus without such clearance if prior to the end of the 10-day quarantine or if they continue to have symptoms.
- Fully vaccinated individuals without symptoms do not need to complete daily screening before entering the premises.
- Individuals with COVID-19 accommodations will be asked to complete a daily screener when coming on campus.
- On-premise vendors will be asked to complete a daily screener for days when they are on campus.
- Employees and students known to have COVID-19 will be reported to the Erie County Department of Health.
Cleaning and Disinfecting:
- CDC-required cleaning and disinfection protocols have returned to pre-COVID-19 levels.
- If an employee, student or vendor is verified to have COVID-19 during a time that they were on campus, facilities will be asked to clean the immediate area in an acceptable manner.
- Cleaning supplies will be provided in areas where groups of individuals gather (Commons, classrooms, labs, etc.).
- Front entrance of campus buildings will be open and staffed by Security. All other access points will be locked/secured.
August 27: Welcome to the Fall 2021 semester! Covid19 Vaccination Reminder
August 23: Urgent Message: Covid19 Vaccination Compliance
July 14: Next Steps Regarding Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
July 12: Important Vaccine Policy Information for Fall 2021
Feb. 12: Fall 2021 Update
Jan. 8: Notice: COVID-19 Vaccine Availability and Call for Volunteers to Administer Vaccine
Nov. 18: Orange Zone Update: Classes Continue as Planned
Nov. 17: Important Details about Remainder of Fall 2020 Semester
Oct. 6: A Message from Trocaire President Dr. Bassam Deeb
Oct. 5: Spring 2021 Update
Sept. 4: Reminder: Fall 2020 Academic Calendar
Aug. 27: Please sign the Trocaire Trust Community Pledge
Aug. 13: COVID-19 Pandemic Behavior and the Fall 2020 Semester
Aug. 4: Fall 2020 Student Affairs Update
July 27: Fall 2020 Course Schedule Update
July 16: Fall 2020 Academic Affairs Update
July 2: Trocaire College Fall 2020 General Update