AAS Associate Program
Division of Health Professions | Wellness
It is the mission of the Nutrition and Dietetics Program at Trocaire College to empower graduates to become entry-level nutrition and dietetics technicians, registered in a variety of settings.
Take your interest in healthy living to a new level with a degree in Nutrition and Dietetics. This program is designed to meet the community’s growing need for professionals trained in both nutrition and food service management. Courses help students appreciate the science of nutrition and provide hands-on learning opportunities for them to translate that science into practical information for the general public. Students are also taught how to plan, manage and direct food service operations in institutional settings.
An essential component of the program is the supervised practice experiences in area healthcare facilities and community agencies, where students put into practice their nutrition assessment, diet counseling and food service management skills. Graduates are prepared for entry-level positions in clinical or community nutrition care or food service management, or may choose to continue their studies by transferring to a four-year college. Graduates are also eligible to write the Registration Examination for Dietetic Technicians as offered by the Commission for Dietetics Registration.
Program Goals and Objectives
Program Goal 1: Prepare graduates with the knowledge and skills needed to pass the registration exam and become competent entry-level Nutrition and Dietetic Technicians, Registered.
Program Objectives for Goal 1:
1. 80% of graduates take the credentialing exam within 12 months of graduation
2. 70% of graduates over a 5-year period pass the credentialing exam within one year following the first attempt
3. 80% of the students admitted to the program will complete the program within 3 years.
Program Goal 2: Prepare graduates to secure employment in dietetics or related field
Program Objectives for Goal 2:
1. 70% of the graduates who seek employment will be employed in a dietetics or related position within twelve months of completing the program.
2. 80% of employers surveyed indicate graduates are meeting or exceeding employer expectations in their current position.
Program outcomes data are available upon request
Trocaire College’s Dietetics Education Program has been granted full accreditation by the
Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2190, Chicago, IL 60606-6995, (312) 899-0040 ext 5400.
AAS: Nutrition and Dietetics Program Format
Time of Program: Day
Mode of Delivery: On-site/Seated