My background in higher education consists of 33 years of experience primarily in the areas of enrollment management, student services and program development. As my forte is problem solving for the purpose of reprogramming and/or restructure, my experience is quite varied. I enjoy a new challenge every 3-5 years as it keeps me stimulated.
Making a difference in the lives of students is my true passion. The opportunity that education provides is invaluable and transformative. I truly enjoy supporting students through their educational journey.
MS in Education/School Counseling, Niagara University, Niagara University, NY, 2005
BS, Vocational Counseling/Psychology, SUNY Empire State College, Buffalo, NY, 1999
AA, Liberal Arts Humanities and Social Science, Niagara County Community College, Sanborn, NY, 1992
Chief Student Affairs Officer
Trocaire College, Buffalo NY, 2016-Present
- Supervision of: Mission, Ministry, and Service; Palisano Learning Center; Higher Education Opportunity Program; Wellness Center; Advisement and Student Services Center; Career Services; Student Engagement/Student Life; and Student Conduct/Discipline.
Director of Admissions/NFCI Student Services/Housing and Residential Life
Niagara County Community College, Sanborn NY, 2004-2016
- Supervision of: Recruitment, Admissions, Enrollment Management, Niagara Falls Culinary Institute Student Services; SUNY High Needs Grant for all Allied Health Students; Articulation and Transfer Agreement; International Student Recruitment/Admission; Educational Opportunity Program; Multicultural Student Services; Perkins Grant; Housing; and Residential Life.
Interim Vice President of Student Services
Niagara County Community College, Sanborn, NY, 2012
- Assumed the responsibilities of the position while a search was conducted (was not an applicant). Areas of responsibilities included: Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Development, Registration and Records, Child Development Center, Wellness Center, and Athletics.
Other positions held at NCCC:
Temporary Assistant Vice President of Student Services, 2011
Assistant Director of Community Education, 1999-2004
Technical Assistant for Bridge College to Work Program, 1998-1999
Technical Assistant for School to Work Program, 1995-1998
Grant Coordinator Tech Prep/Gender Equity, 1993-1995
- Career Development
- Hollands Personality Types
- Vocational Gender Equity
- School to Work: Recognizing the Relevance
- Sexual Harassment: Secondary Students
- Women’s History
- Resume, Interviewing, and Job Search
- Case Management within Higher Ed Environment